Friday, February 17, 2012

Filling in the Blanks

It is February 17th...

Wait. What? Is it February 17th?

My oldest son had his 5 year doctors appointment yesterday on the 16th, and this morning I am scrambling to finish dishes, pack a lunch for work and shave quickly.

I mean I haven't written a thing in months, and I love to write.  I haven't played a video game in months, and I love video games; and in the last 5 years I have changed more than I could have imagined.

Today I decided as I started the dishwasher I should write a quick micro-blog post, to check in here but to also keep my focus.  Focus on things I love; Even though life decided that moving at  mach 10 should happen when you are older and less inclined to think that is cool.

So I decided to focus on one very small thing today.

Life fills in the blanks for you.

I used to think I made my life busier than it needed to be, but I realized as my wife pointed out to me last night that we are now at the age when the kids will only "have" to go to the doctors once a year.  and yet 3 years ago we seemed to be going to the doctors for at least one of us every couple weeks.

So you would figure, oh, no doctors appointments every week.  This will give us a few hours every week for just relaxing.  Then I realized no, now we just repurposed that time for school for the kids.  Life decides that there are 24 hours in a day, and the 16 hours you are supposed to be productive will be consumed some how; Like it or not.  I just hope I repurpose those hours for living, not just watching life speeding by.

February 17th
Write a blog post - Check

2 comments:

  1. You might appreciate this then. Read the "Dear Faithful Parishioners" section. http://stmaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Messenger-02-02-2012.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would agree, sometimes a slow stroll is more fulfilling then a quick run. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete